Letter to applicants:
Thanks for your interest in Grass & Root Juice Co.! My name is Sara Johnson, I am the owner and operator of G&R. I started this truck from the ground up. What began as my daydream has now become my full-time reality. To say I have put my blood, sweat and tears into this business, is an understatement! I’ve been through hell and back but believe me, it was so worth it! Every morning I get to wake up and do something that I am really passionate about and my business is expanding! Which means I need to expand my team. Below is a description of the position and the application. I want to make sure the next person that I bring onboard is a GREAT fit for the company and the brand. I am using this application as a chance to get to know you. It may look a little different than the typical applications that you have filled out before but I enjoy paving my own path. If you are hired on, you can expect that every single day moving forward, we will be taking the road less traveled, being creative in our execution and passionate about our products. I like people for who they are: our similarities and our differences. There are no right or wrong answers on this application, just honesty and I look forward to getting to know you.
Please read the description carefully and if this position sounds like something you would enjoy, fill out the application. If you have any questions, hit me up on the contact page in the top right corner of this page.
And again, thank you so much for your interest in Grass & Root. LET THERE BE JUICE!!!
Grass & Root is a food truck that serves healthy, cold-pressed juice based out of Enumclaw, WA. On a typical day, the juice truck is out at one of our multiple locations selling juice to our beautiful customers, while our Back of House Crew is in the Enumclaw kitchen making our juice and healthy snacks. The whole process of what we do starts and ends in the kitchen. We are NOTHING without well-made juice and the cleanest kitchen around. Each bottle of Grass & Root Juice is made with LOVE. We make and serve a RAW product that provides people energy. And the ENERGY that we put into that bottle must be POSITIVE.
The position I am hiring for is part our Back of House Crew. Their main objective is to make delicious and healthy juice in our commercial kitchen, uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and have a lot of FUN while doing it! The position starts out at $12/hour (plus tips) and is 20-30 hours per week. Opportunities for advancement are in the future. I have big plans to expand but right now, we need to execute in the kitchen, make as much juice as possible and continue to delight our customers with our flavors and top-notch quality. This position is best suited for an independent person who has great customer service skills, doesn’t cut corners, follows directions to a T and most importantly, BELIEVES in the power of juice.
The Back of House position is in charge of the following:
· Cleaning and prepping fruits and vegetables
· Making juice with our Norwalk Juicers
· Bottling juice
· Washing dishes in our commercial dishwasher
· Cleaning the kitchen after the work day
· Additional opportunities are available, such as but not limited to: serving customers on the juice truck, recipe development, ordering supplies, running errands, photography, social media, writing blog posts, web design, selling at markets, delivering juice, responding to online customer inquiries and basically anything/everything else
· You know that ANYTHING is possible and you know YOU can make it happen
· You love to GRIND and you wake up ready to HUSTLE
· You FOLLOW DIRECTIONS well
· Able to stand for 8 hours
· Able to lift 60lbs
· You’ve got a really really great ATTITUDE
· You’ve previously worked at a restaurant, coffee stand or fast food
· You’re at least 18 years old
· You’ve got a drivers license and a GREAT driving record